The winter season is upon us and we all know what that means: snow. Lots…
It’s almost December, which means that the winter season is officially upon us. This comes with freezing temperatures, ice, and even snow. While, that all can be fun to play in occasionally, these conditions may not always be the best for your roof. Whether these are residential or commercial properties of yours, it’s important to know the signs of roof damage so that you can prevent a disaster before it occurs. You’ll also need to know what to do next if you notice some roof damage.
We’ve been having freezing temperatures lately in Middle TN. Many people are wondering what they should do to protect their roof this season. We are going to be sharing some tips with you in this blog as well as some tips on what to do next if you notice any roof damage; this will help keep your roof in great condition during these freezing winter months ahead!
Here’s 10 Tips You Need To Know For Keeping Your Roof in Great Condition This Winter
1) Check the flashing on your roof for any damage.
2) Stabilize any loose tiles by installing metal “spacers” to hold them in place.
3) Check the attic space for any insulation that needs to be replaced or added.
4) Make sure that you don’t have any rotting boards or rafters; if you do, replace them immediately.
5) Seal up any leaks by applying roof sealant to your roof deck.
6) Apply roof sealant to the drip edge of your gutter system for protection against ice damming and water leaks.
7) Cover your chimney with a chimney cover; this will help protect it from freezing temperatures and save you time and money from having to replace the flashing on your chimney.
8) Check the flashing on your roof for any damage.
9) Stabilize any loose tiles by installing metal “spacers” to hold them in place.
10) Check the attic space for any insulation that needs to be replaced or added.
What To Do If You Notice Any Roof Damage
Let’s say one day, after a snow storm, you notice that your roof has some damages. What do you do next? Who do you call? What do you NOT need to do? Let us help!
First things first, act proactively, but do not panic. There are things you can do to help, and there is also someone you can call that is always willing to help!
If you notice a leak, you’ll want to start by moving personal objects out of the way so that you prevent any further damage on the inside of your home. Then, you’ll want to contain the water by grabbing some buckets or tubs that can hold the water until more help can come. Then, you will want to give us a call. We are a fully licensed, bonded, and insured company, and we pride ourselves in not only providing the highest quality products, but also exceptional customer service because 100% customer satisfaction is our #1 priority.
If you would like to learn about more tips this winter season, or would like to schedule an inspection of your roof, contact Roofing Renovations of Middle TN today!