A roof is arguably the most essential feature of any home, protecting all other systems from the harsh effects of the elements. Over time, the roofing system may start to wear out. The only option you may have is to reroof or seek a roof replacement service.
Over 5% of American households get a new roof every year, spending over $49 billion in repairs and replacements. However, most homeowners never realize that they have multiple options when it comes to getting a new roofing system. You can opt to tear off the old, failing roof and having a new installation. Murfreesboro roofers can help you reroof at a fraction of the cost of a full replacement.
What is Reroofing?
Roofing experts recommend that you plan for a roof inspection once or twice a year. After an inspection, your local roofing company may suggest that you need a new roof. Reroofing is a form of roof restoration service that is quicker and cheaper than a full replacement.
If your roof is still in good condition, your Murfreesboro roofer will lay new shingles over your worn-out asphalt shingles. It will not only protect your home from water leaks but also improve the aesthetics of your roof.
- You can save time as you do not have to tear off the old roof.
- The process is cheaper than a roof replacement service as it is less involving.
- It is the fastest way to restore your roofing
- Building codes prevent the addition of another layer of shingles for a roof that already has two layers.
- It may not be as durable as replacing your entire roof.
What is Roof Replacement Service?
The 2018 International Building Code 15184.108.40.206 prohibits reroofing when the existing roof has two layers of shingles. It means that you may not recover your current roofing and may have to tear it off. A roof replacement service involves ripping off the failing and damaged roofing system and installing a new one.
Roof tear-off allows the roofers to inspect the underlying decking for any damage. If it is intact, a new underlayment and water barriers are replaced before the roofing company lays the new shingles. If damaged, the decking undergoes a repair before the roof replacement can continue.
- You get to address all the roofing issues and problems by getting a completely new roof.
- The roof replacement will last longer than reroofing.
- You can carry out the roof replacement service, no matter the number of layers that you have.
- It can save you more money in the long run as no issues remain hidden.
- It is more labor-intensive and takes up more materials. Therefore, it is more expensive than reroofing.
- It may take a longer period to complete, and your family may have to readjust to the changes.
Which Is the Right Option For You?
The Murfreesboro roofing company can inspect your roof and inform you of the extent of the damage. For extensive damages, you may have to replace your old roofing with a new one. If it is still in good condition, reroofing is a more cost-effective option.
You may need to select the right roofers to help you get a new roof for your home. Roofing Renovations is a local, family-owned roofing company run by firefighters and operating in Murfreesboro. To schedule a roof inspection for your home, kindly reach out to us today.